Yeah it’s funny. And exactly for that reason it’s been put there. It’s something a character ‘Ted Mosby‘ from the sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother‘ says when he was drunk and gets to a bar at the middle of a night. If you haven’t seen the sitcom it may not appeal to you, but for it’s lovers it’s awesome. By the way if you haven’t seen it, the website for the sitcom is here.
I was busy about whole last month, with my Mid – Term Examinations, and then trying to back up on CS50X.
I wanted to do a thorough review of my whole journey through CS50X. However I am still waiting for the final results. There are strict rules against cheating and sharing codes with one another. However seeing that CS50 on Harvard campus is over and CS50X through the EDX platform is over too. Doing a week by week analysis of my CS50X journey wouldn’t hurt.
I am waiting for the results. Once it appears, this will be my first successful online course.
After this I will be completing my HTML5 Game Development course. And then moving forward.
How torrenting works
- A user who wants to upload a file first creates a small torrent descriptor file that they distribute to other users by conventional means.
- They then make the file itself available through a BitTorrent node acting as a seed.
- Those with the torrent descriptor file can give it to their own BitTorrent nodes which, acting as peers or leechers, download it by connecting to the seed and/or other peers.
- The file being distributed is divided into segments called pieces. As each peer receives a new piece of the file it becomes a source (of that piece) for other peers, relieving the original seed from having to send that piece to every computer or user wishing a copy.
- Pieces are typically downloaded non-sequentially and are rearranged into the correct order by the BitTorrent Client, which monitors which pieces it needs, and which pieces it has and can upload to other peers.
- Pieces are of the same size throughout a single download (for example a 10 MB file may be transmitted as ten 1 MB Pieces or as forty 256 KB Pieces). Due to the nature of this approach, the download of any file can be halted at any time and be resumed at a later date, without the loss of previously downloaded information,
- When a peer completely downloads a file, it becomes an additional seed.
Posting on this blog here is difficult. You can’t just put any crap in here. Well finding the material is not that hard, because the aim with which I started this blog was to talk about what I am doing. The problem is finding time to write about it. I already have two incomplete drafts, waiting to be finished and posted.
Even though they are pending right now. I had to post this one.
Continue reading “Another Opportunity”
Recently I have been terribly preoccupied with my exams. Today they are finally over. Phew…
I don’t like exams. I am not meant for them. Exams are not a perfect way to figure out a person’s knowledge base.
I have never been good at exams. I was never able to score in them. Even the one’s in which I know the course content perfectly well.
I especially dislike those courses, which are not going to be of any use to me in the future. I loathe such courses. Why can’t we all be asked what do we wish to do in future and then be given courses according to that ?
I wish to go in the 3D graphics field ( to be specific game development ), I don’t wish to go anywhere near networking or hardware. But still I have to study courses like Computer networks and computer architecture. I loathe these courses.There is no real benefit to me in these courses, but I have to study them because they are in my syllabus. 😦
This all is so irritating. First there are these subjects, and as if that’s not enough, there are these dumb teachers of those subjects.
Coding without knowing how to type… Sounds weird right .
That’s what I do. It’s not that I don’t know how to type. I do know how to type. I mean how hard it is to type. You look at the keyboard find the key you are looking for, then press it. Simple. But what if you wish to type with more speed. You definitely are gonna get better at it with time. But there will always be a certain limitation on you.The limitation of using two to three , max four fingers. However to cross this limitation one has to use all the fingers.
The skill of typing is not something that is easily acquired. One has to work for it. It’s not easy but it’s super handy. Once you learn how to type without looking at your keyboard, then you can do much more things quickly than others. Working with keyboards using keyboard shortcuts is always a quicker way to do things.
I can type by looking at keyboard, and I try to use more than four of my fingers. I don’t know how to type; and I think that’s an important skill I am lagging.
I am trying to type by looking at the keyboard using the correct fingers, but I always mess up by using wrong fingers. I hope I learn typing soon.
P.S. : This post took me the longest time to type. 😦
Anybody who has done any kind of image processing is familiar with this picture. I have seen this picture many a times and always wondered Continue reading “Lena”
Earlier I was working on a post about basic html tags. Continue reading “Not every idea is a good one”
I don’t know what’s going around, but somehow the editor of wordpress.com is not working in my chrome. I haven’t checked on internet yet, but I will later try to post via firefox, which is in my download queue right now. I managed to post this using “Quick Press” from my dashboard.
I thought that I won’t ever be using “Quick Press” throughout my bolgging. But here I am….
It is kind of strange, You never know when such little things are going to save your from difficult times.